Monday, March 06, 2006

Cheap USB array from IDE disks

Well I am constantly building my Media Center, and currently I have four HDD's in it.
The case gets quite hot and my girlfriend wants to have something more beautiful in the leaving room.
So I have decied that I am going to split the whole media center in two pieces.
  • Media center
  • Storage
I am having this idea from quite a while, but I don't want to keep separate computer running just for the storage and I was looking for solution to connect just the disks outside thru Ethernet. But the solutions that are on the market are really expensive for a home use.
And today I found IDE to USB connector from USBGeek this looks really nice.
So now I need USB hub (check have one), and PSU (check have one old AT). So I have to build some case and just put the disks in it together with the USB hub and the PSU and I am gonna have cheap USB array of IDE disks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home